Thursday, October 25, 2007

How to speed up working with OSnaps

What if I told you that when I work with Osnaps I never see the Osnap Menu? Ahh... Ooo... I don't mean use Toolbars. That would require screen real estate that I'm not willing to give up.


This menu can be accessed a few ways. (See Image -->)

- Middle Button down
- If your middle button is "Pan" then Shift+Right Click
(This function is controlled by the variable MBUTTONPAN)


Focus on the Underscore under Each Osnap.


Work flow...
- Draw a Line
- Bring up the Osnap Menu
(If you remember your Key Letter then just key it in. No menu clicking necessary.)
- Press E for Endpoint
Continue as usual.

If you don't see the underscores in this menu then see my next blog post to change a windows setting.

I hope this speeds you up. Happy Cading...

2 comments:

Aage said...

nice tip, i'll subscribe to this blog i think :)

Engineer said...

Thanks for your very clear Autocad Tutorial above. Your method on how to speed up working OSnaps makes the job easy.